Saturday 17 March 2012

Try

            I’m going to rant, so leave if you don’t wanna see this.
            I feel like I’ve been forced to come to the conclusion that people are cowards. They hide what they have to say, what they believe in, because they’re insecure, or they’re worried about the outcome, or they’re scared someone will get hurt.
            Well, I’ve got something to say that I’ve been hiding for a while.
            Like everybody else, I don’t try. I don’t try for that solo in choir because I’m scared I won’t be chosen. I don’t try to make new friends because it means opening up more room for more hurt. I don’t try because sometimes, I feel like I’m the only one trying and it doesn’t seem worth it anymore.
            So I’ve been trying to learn to change that, in subtle ways, because I’m not so scared anymore.
            But how can anybody know what they want without trying? How can anybody get what they want without trying?
It’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. By the same token, isn’t it better to try and get shot down than to never have tried at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment