Wednesday 14 November 2012

New Words

Sometimes, even a writer needs some help putting words to feelings. I discovered that today.

When two people are in a relationship, it's all about connecting, and keeping that connection. When two people are apart for a little while, sometimes, the little phone call, email, text, skype call, can all make both people feel like they are each other's.

Being apart can make each person feel full of angst, like something is missing from their lives, and to let something like this keep going--to not contact each other just to let the other know you're still there--can end up making the relationship bitter.

Everybody wants to feel that connection. Oh, it can get lost along the way, I'm sure, but a little bit of effort from both sides can always pull two people back together, if they want it enough.

I guess that's the feeling I feel whenever I'm away from people I love, whether it's a family member or a friend. It doesn't only go for relationships. It's a loss that's hard to explain, and it can be bitter, or it can be dealt with by simply seeing how the other person is doing.

It's never good to make up stories in your head. Another thing I learned.

Putting words to feelings, especially for someone like me, always makes muddled things seem so much clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment