Monday 5 November 2012

Silence

Yesterday I experienced something kind of amazing.

I'm not entirely sure how to describe it. It was very... quiet. I was just sitting there, listening to someone speak. I tend to have multiple conflicts with myself throughout the day about life, about people, about how messed up the world can be.

And then suddenly, out of no where, I felt like I understood it all. Not in a way that I can put it into words. It was just a feeling, an underlying knowledge that everything will be okay, and that we're all going to die one day and we have to live life to the fullest and stop moping that life isn't perfect.

It was so peaceful.

Throughout it all, this epiphany, I was just hoping it wouldn't go away, because I knew once it did, all the conflicts would come back, all those arguments with myself, and I'd have to go back to trying to figure out life.

I still have that memory though, locked in my mind, and thinking back on it reminds me that I can never let the world influence me to a point that I forget who I am.

It was just... a moment of absolute silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment