Monday 29 October 2012

Deep, Intense, Romantic: The Perfect Fit


I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to write about this, but I thought it about time, especially since I’m seventeen, in my last year in high school, and I want to be able to look back and see how my thoughts have changed with time.
            A question I have always asked myself: what is love?
            The title of this post maybe gives some of that away, but there’s more to it. True Love, like what they show in fairytale movies, doesn’t exist in this world. Now, I’m not being negative, not at all. I mean, I wish it did. But it doesn’t. But that’s okay.
            Finding love is like finding the perfect shoe, only it’s not so easy as going to a store and telling the worker your size. In the real world, you don’t know your size, you don’t know what you’re looking for, but you know what you want as a person, and that’s really the only thing you need to find the perfect fit.
            This changes as you change, but everyone reaches a certain point in their life where they know exactly who they are, who they want to be, and they’ll find a person who lets them be that. It still takes work; it still takes effort. Nobody can be perfect at first, but as years go on, and each person learns about the other, that shoe can be worn in until it is perfect.
            That deep, intense, romantic feeling will come with every love, but only the perfect fit can make it last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment